Purpose: To fill two Executive Assistant positions for the Graduate Students’ Union Academic Division (15 hours per week). Start date is May 1st 2021, ending on April 30th 2022, renewed per semester depending on performance review and budgetary approvals.
Salary: The current graduate student rate ($22.22 / hour) at 15 hours per week.
Summary of Duties: The Executive Assistant – Academic Division is responsible for supporting the Graduate Students’ Union (GSU) of Memorial University of Newfoundland. This position includes, but is not limited to, assisting with Health and Dental inquiries, assisting with financial related tasks, and addressing issues that arise within Feild Hall and Bitters Pub. It also includes providing coverage for the front office of the GSU. Once oncampus operations resume, the fixed hours are from 9am – 3pm, Monday to Friday. The EAs may also support additional administrative work assigned by the GM and the Executive Council and will be required to complete all of the applicable training (Respectful Workplace, Privacy, Bullying & Harassment, etc.) as directed by the GM.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Teamwork and cooperation
- MUST BE a current Graduate Student at Memorial University for the next academic year.
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Time management skills
- Proficient computer skills (advanced Microsoft Office essential).
- Experience in an executive assistant (or related) position.
- Experience delivering excellent student service and knowledge of campus resources.
- Knowledge of institutional organization and policies, specifically those of the GSU.
- The position may occasionally require work beyond regular hours and will involve flexiblity with work hours until September 2021 (tbd). This position is remote until further notice.
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we are unable to respond to specific queries regarding the position or the application status. All shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email for an interview. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Closing Date: Monday, April 12th, 2021
The GSU is an equal opportunity employer
Research Assistant (Web developer)
Hours: 10-15 hours/week (flexible; work from home)
Duration: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Start date: Immediately
Job description: Too Big To Ignore Global Partnership for Small-Scale Fisheries (TBTI; http://toobigtoignore.net/) is recruiting 1-2 research assistants (RAs) to support the development of its ‘Information System for Small-scale Fisheries’ (ISSF). The RAs will work mostly on the back-end development of ISSF, but will also assist the team in other web development related tasks.
- Ideally, the candidate would be familiar with Angular 2 and Django Framework and should have some experience with project development using these two technologies (even if limited) or a GitHub repository
- Must be enrolled at MUN
Interested persons should send a short letter of introduction, accompanied by a resume, to email@example.com.